1. Mia. My friends Bob and Ilene adopted a kitten for their daughter, S. Last night when they brought R, their son, here to stay over they brought sweet little Mia to visit me. I held her and she slept in my arms for over an hour. Such a sweet little kitty. Best thing to happen to me since we returned from lake.
2. Tom. Your hospitality at the lake was wonderful and we had a wonderful time. The silence and beauty of the lake Saturday morning in the sun is something that will revisit in my mind often in times of stress or pain. Thank you.
3. Pumpkin Muffin. My sweet daughter. You have seen that this has been a tough week for your mom and you have tried to take care of me with extra hugs and 'I love you's' whenever you can.
4. Coffee. No way I would moving today without it.
5. Facebook. I have reconnected with some old school friends and have had my faith restored in the kindness of people in general. Thank you. You know who you are...
I should explain why that means so very much to me. Since becoming more actively chronically ill (after Pumpkin's birth), I have lost some friends here in town, and even a cousin, one town away. And, it hurt. I thought after being diagnosed with the brain thingy that maybe it would bring back one particular friend, because at first she seemed to be very concerned and wanting to reconnect. But, that was short lived. Once she found out I wasn't going drop dead any second from it, she ignored me again.
I have found more understanding and kindness from those who haven't seen me in over 20 years... Strange how life can be, isn't it?
6. My mom. The manicure and pedicure you treated me to last Friday before we headed to the lake still looks great! And, everytime I look at my cute pink toes, I smile! Thank you!
7. My dad. For stopping on his way home today to get me a large iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts because today isn't a good day for me. Thank you.
8. Icanhascheezburger.com. For never failing to make me laugh outloud at the new updates, and we all need laughter. Lots of it. :-)
9. Farkle. My new addiction. I even bought the application for my iphone so I can play in on the computer or on the phone! lol
10. Bagel Bites and mini-hotdogs. My kids favorite summer lunches that they make themselves in the toaster oven, and even make for mom sometimes! lol
Well, I am feeling better already. Maybe the stairway to heaven will be open now, or at least purgatory... lol
Off to go watch the kids plus R play Guitar Hero for me! They are going to do 'Crazy Train' as a band. Can't miss it!