Thursday, October 22, 2009
Time to count blessings and not a minute too soon!
Panic mode is over, and I am firmly entrenched back in my denial place! LOL
1. I am grateful for my house, my home and my family.
2. I am grateful for my health insurance.
3. I am grateful for the meds that I have to help me and the doctors that are my partners in my healthcare.
4. I am grateful for the friends I have in my life.
5. I am grateful for my online friends, their availability and support have been invaluable over the last 7 years of coping with chronic illness. (rheumatoid arthritis, and for the last two years the brain thingy)
6. I am grateful for the technology that allows me to not only keep in touch but that lets me play stimulating and challenging games - some for fun - some for brain exercise - all of which help me cope and keep my mind off of worrysome stuff.
7. I am grateful for my pets. Yes, even though cleaning up cat hairballs and dog puke sucks, the unconditional love and joy they give daily far surpasses the difficulties they present on occasion.
8. I am grateful for Boy Scouts. Hammer has begun the planning for his Eagle Scout project which should be executed in the next 2 weeks. Fuzzy will begin planning his in the new year as he is just completing the last badge. Scouts has afforded the boys many opportunities for leadership, community service and personal growth.
9. I am especially grateful this week for my Hubby realizing that a hug, a cup of coffee and a snack would go a loooooonnnnng way.
10. I am grateful for the outlet that my blog and Facebook give to me and therefore, I am for YOU, the reader.
11. I am also grateful for the clarity health issues have given me in life. It sharpens into focus that which is truly important; those special gifts and blessings that no illness can take away.
Life is good. Thanks for being a part of it!